“Para bailar tango se tiene que abrazar.” To dance tango, you have to embrace. You have to embrace. A real embrace, with your arms, hands, chest, and heart. An embrace with feeling and emotion. I see many dancers embrace lightly, or off to one side. They make excuses about the asymmetry of the embrace, or how it hinders their movement, or how it’s too heavy, etc. etc. The embrace is the “card that we are dealt” when it comes to tango. You work with it not against it. You find yourself in it, you lose yourself in it. It liberates you just as much as it “hinders” you. To truly embrace someone is similar to loving them, and just as you cannot give someone “half love” you cannot give someone “half embrace”.
- Scenes from the New Hampshire to Montreal drive #tango #montango instagram.com/p/m8vbDzvCBg/ 6 hours ago
- Poster artwork! #tango @ Montango instagram.com/p/m8vFOcvCA1/ 6 hours ago
- I love subway entertainment #nyc #ilovenewyork instagram.com/p/myb4dKvCFn/ 4 days ago
- My new coffee place #cappucino #inwood #nyc @ The Park View instagram.com/p/mvBbHBPCBX/ 4 days ago
- #nofilter #newhampshire instagram.com/p/mi5Vh-PCPC/ 1 week ago
- 9/11 Amy Dryer anne-sophie ville Axis Contemporary Art boston Bruno Tonioli Btef bucharest bucharest tango festival bucharest tango festival 2012 Caltech Carrie Ann Inaba cecilia gonzalez tango Chaz bono chicago college park dance dance manhattan Dancing With the Stars David arquette dwts ellinor westrup festival firenze tango festival Hope solo istanbul jennifer bratt Jr martinez Len Goodman maine maryland meric eryilmaz Michelle Marsidi and Joachim milonga Nancy grace new york New York City ney melo ney melo tango etiquette nicoletta pregnolato osvaldo pugliese osvaldo zotto pablo fontana Portland practica puerto rico Ricki lake Rob kardashian san juan tango Terrapin terrapin tango tete rusconi toronto tango festival trio garufa turkey vals vanja modzelewski villa urquiza Vintagetango Virginia pandolfi week 6 white plains workshops