“Para bailar tango se tiene que abrazar.” To dance tango, you have to embrace. You have to embrace. A real embrace, with your arms, hands, chest, and heart. An embrace with feeling and emotion. I see many dancers embrace lightly, or off to one side. They make excuses about the asymmetry of the embrace, or how it hinders their movement, or how it’s too heavy, etc. etc. The embrace is the “card that we are dealt” when it comes to tango. You work with it not against it. You find yourself in it, you lose yourself in it. It liberates you just as much as it “hinders” you. To truly embrace someone is similar to loving them, and just as you cannot give someone “half love” you cannot give someone “half embrace”.
- Sounds like Interpol / Joy Division....not bad #soundtrackoftoday #editors #rock instagram.com/p/ZWR2uYvCGb/ 3 days ago
- Saturday May 25th at 2pm- Workshops with virginiapandolfi .....Register at… instagram.com/p/ZT_nXOPCJJ/ 3 days ago
- A life lived for art is never a life wasted - #macklemore #tenthousandhours #tangovida instagram.com/p/ZTqRncvCMT/ 4 days ago
- The Shire @ Wagon Hill Farm instagram.com/p/ZTpywpPCLg/ 4 days ago
- #philosophy #tangovida instagram.com/p/ZTGf0TPCOO/ 4 days ago
Tags9/11 Amy Dryer anne-sophie ville Axis Contemporary Art boston Bruno Tonioli Btef bucharest tango festival Caltech Chaz bono dance dance manhattan Dancing With the Stars David arquette dwts ellinor westrup festival firenze tango festival Hope solo istanbul jennifer bratt Jr martinez maryland meric eryilmaz milonga Nancy grace new york ney melo ney melo tango etiquette nicoletta pregnolato osvaldo zotto pablo fontana practica Ricki lake Rob kardashian tango terrapin tango tete rusconi toronto tango festival trio garufa turkey vals vanja modzelewski villa urquiza workshops